Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hub Reflections

http://misshayesbc.weebly.com/

After a few months of building this site, I have changed it six or seven time! I have found that it is an ever-evolving hub! I struggled with finding a site I thought was user-friendly and while I still struggle with that, I have learned a little on the way.

I use Weebly and have successfully uploaded my lesson plans that include the worksheets. I am limited to five pages which forces me to utilize my blog as a way to create access to many materials. However, I have not totally gotten there yet. I have a link to my blog, which is good for me because I use my blog a lot. I just changed one of the pages to include worksheets. This is much more useful to me. I actually just found out who to upload files today! There are so many icons I still have to figure out what each one means.

My aesthetics are not totally inviting yet. I am more nervous and concerned with getting the worksheets and unit plans, etc. set up! I think eventually pictures and a HW calendar would be useful to my students, but again, I am limited to five pages. I may have to combine my home page with something else. Having a HW page would benefit all students, even absent ones! I think that is more important than the contact page because the students know how to reach me. They don't really need that information on the site.

Moving forward, I hope to include more worksheets, add the HW page and create a more inviting site altogether!


1 comment: