Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fellow Bloggers,

My name is Monica Hayes and this is my first blog post for UNH! I teach 9th and 10th grade English at Bristol Central High School in Bristol, CT. I previously taught 6th grade at Chippens Hill Middle School, also in Bristol. I graduated from BC and have been a life-long Bristol native. Go Rams! I am a huge BC supporter and coach a couple sports to help fill up my free time.

I am quite excited to begin exploring new technologies and how to utilize them in my classroom. I have used Google Docs in class and am very excited these classes are run through this program so I can learn more intricacies to use in the future! I am interested in having students complete group assignments, using video to tell a story, and connect with other students from another state about a novel we read as ways to integrate technology in class, to name a few.

I've titled this blog "Life's a MHayes." It's a slight play on words to explain life, I suppose. It can be a maze sometimes. Technology certainly makes me feel that way at times! Hopefully, after completing this program at UNH, I will have to rename my blog because I won't feel that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment