Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Rockin to my PLN update/week 3 readings about PLN

Personal Learning Network Readings/PLN update

While viewing the sources for the PLN’s, I couldn’t help but make connections to the readings from week three of ED7710 about motivation. If people are motivated by a feeling of autonomy and self accomplishment, why not create personal learning networks? It certainly requires people to “put themselves out there” as the saying goes. Yet the benefits are worth it! Wagner discusses the importance of “connecting,”  “contributing,” “conversing,” and “requesting” as important factors in your networking. I have made strides utilizing this idea. I joined a “Guitar Lessons for Beginners” this week as a way of of connecting with others to learn how to play guitar for my network learning project. I have picked up the hand positions for G, C, and E chords just from watching a video. I plan to post a video of me learning these chords to the community and ask for assistance as a way of contributing, conversing, and requesting!

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

2 comments:

  1. Monica this is great! You look proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to rock out. It'll be interesting to see how you scale this up. :)

    ReplyDelete