Thursday, July 17, 2014

G - Flat, My Network Learning Project


Growing up, I spent much of my life playing sports. Baseball, softball, basketball, and soccer ruled my childhood/teenage years, and into my 20’s. These days, I spend a lot of time coaching basketball and softball. I have added the game of golf to my repertoire, however, not very successfully.

In my high school, BCHS, there was this staircase near the auditorium where many artistic and the musically-inclined kids hung out. They were constantly singing, playing guitar, working on their pitch, etc. Passing through, on my way to class, I was always intrigued by the guitar players, honestly. Ironically, one of them was my cousin, Heidi. She would strum away on that staircase! I have come to learn, that apparently, that corridor has great acoustics! Hence, the music playing and singing!

Everyone always says, “I would never go back to high school!” Well, seeing as though I came back to BC to teach, I might as well come back to that hallway and try my hand at the guitar!

At least now I have Internet as my reference! It wasn't that popular when I roamed the halls.

My goal is to play a tune, possibly on the steps in the hallway that inspired my affection for the guitar...we’ll see….song suggestions anyone???

1 comment: