Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Connected Learning Review of PLN's! Week 6 7714

When looking at my PLN I realized that I have some areas that are overlapping, while others are isolated. I think this is the opposite of “Connected Learning”. However, there are some aspects of my “home” network that I wouldn’t want to be “connected” to other areas. Where do you draw the line? Reviewing my PLN has left me with questions! I am also wondering if my network should be bigger? It looks small, to me.

When I compared my network to Tina’s I noticed she has many more connections within her work, yet she did not include personal aspects to her PLN. I noticed we both have lots of arrows connecting areas of our network. She even stated she wonders if her arrows will “calm down”. I have a similar feeling when I look at my Twitter account. I see that it is in school and work. I wonder if I can streamline these to be used similarly, instead of separately. Will I tweet about my students’ work based on something I’ve learned at UNH? I certainly hope so!

I saw some things on Ann Marie’s network that I could include in my network, such as this weeks’ Ed Camp! What a great network-growing opportunity!

As this class ends, I hope to add to my PLN and learn a deeper understanding of who/what I can connect to so I can expand my learning environment because it is small, right now! I gather, a year from now it will have expanded to assist me with tools I can use to help me in the classroom - which is the point of “Connected Learning”!

No comments:

Post a Comment