Thursday, August 14, 2014

Network Learning Project Final Video

Network Learning Project Final Video





The guitar is not an easy instrument to play and I have gained so much more respect for guitarists all over the planet after my experience with this project. I have a new-found affinity for the guitar. I truly thought I would be able to play a song that you hear on the radio and make it an acoustic version! HA! Not even close. This video features a sad version of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. However, I am quite proud of this accomplishment.

After revising my goal after running into some unforeseen challenges of physical problems of where to place my fingers to play certain chords, I decided one string would be had enough to tackle. As you can see from the video, I haven’t really “tackled” the e-string, or the song just yet. But, deadlines are deadlines; I must perform. “The show must go on!” they say!

Throughout this process, the most useful tools were the tutorials I found on Youtube! Qual Studios Tutorials supplied a very helpful version for me to practice and play along with. I also accessed a Google Group; Guitar for Beginners but didn’t have very much information as far as how to play so I had to go elsewhere. Simple searches for songs were also utilized at the very beginning, before I knew what I was getting into!


The curation process of this project was documented via images and videos and blog entries on my blog: http://mhayes520.blogspot.com/

Here are some follies of the past month:






As mentioned in the video and other blog entries I encountered numerous challenges. Besides the physical challenges, technological problems occurred when uploading videos to Youtube. My phone took longer but that was where I had the videos. Also, I have forgotten my log in so I couldn’t upload from to Youtube from my phone; I always had to email it to myself and upload via my computer, which is automatically logged in to Youtube. Go figure!


This process has made me rethink what it’s like to be a student. I teach my students new material all the time and never think what it’s like, I suppose, because I already know the material. It has taught me patience and how to deal with frustration. Not that I haven’t had experience in those areas before; it’s just that this project has brought them to light. The use of technology was a double-edged sword during this experience. It was my best friend when I was learning and searching for material, yet my worst enemy when I had to wait long times for videos to upload or when I couldn't log in!

No comments:

Post a Comment