Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Edcampct

Last Friday I attended my first edcamp! What I thought was going to be nerve-racking and stressful turned out to be relaxing and enjoyable! I was most worried about presenting. There were great presentations on LED name tags, gender issues in technology,, to name a couple. I presented Google Basics with Christel and we thought it was going to be too elementary for most attendees. However, we were pleasantly surprised! Not only did people show up, they wanted us to replay some parts, asked questions; they even said, "This is great!" I was beyond thrilled to have helped clear up some areas for Google beginners! Presenting trend out to be my favorite part of the day!

I also attended session project based learning which was impressive! Seeing the benefits kids get from going out into the community and learning so many useful educational and life skills was great! 

I enjoyed the format of the "unconference"; genius! I hope to attend next year and look forward to all it has to offer, including the lunch! Thanks for a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment